1) There will be 5 walks made up from circular routes from Abbey Cwmhir: 5m, 12m,17m, 20m,
25m. Please indicate your preferred distance when you apply.
2) Cost will be £15 (for the 5 miler this will cover 2 adults and 2 children)
3) Book by Dec 1st so I have time to cancel - we need at least 40 walkers to cover costs.
4) Please be at Phillips Hall by the time indicated on the Confirmation Form. Tea and toast or
cereal will be available if needed before you set out.
5) Bring your own provisions and emergency rations - Checkpoints provide hot drinks and nibbles.
6) You may retire at Checkpoints ONLY and will be given transport back to Abbey Cwmhir.
7) Soup and sandwiches etc will be provided at the Phillips Hall when you complete your walk.
8) The routes will be in circles centred on the Phillips Hall Checkpoint. The other 2 Checkpoints
are at Bwlch y Sarnau and Llanbister.
9) Essential equipment needed Explorer OS map 214. compass, whistle, pocket first aid, water
proof clothing and strong footwear.
Apply and pay online at http://www.sientries.co.uk/
A Confirmation of Postal Booking will be sent within 1 week of receiving cheque.
CONDITIONS of ENTRY for CHRISTMAS CRACKER WALK
1) Entries must be made on official entry forms of Trust (cf below) or LDWA. Enclose cheque & SAE.
2) The event conforms to the Adventure Licensing Regulations 1944 and provides Public Liability
Insurance Cover. It is open to persons of 18 yrs and over. Persons of 16-18 yrs may enter if
accompanied by an adult whose signature is needed on the entry form. Younger families may
do the 5 miler only.
3) The Trust reserves the right to: refuse any entry or require a walker to retire at a checkpoint
to cancel the event if weather conditions justify this to disqualify a walker infringing the Country Code, deliberately damaging property or leaving the accepted route.
4) Neither the Trust nor its Officers are liable for any personal loss or injury nor loss or damage to
equipment. Individual insurance is strongly recommended.
5) All walks are self-guided on routes which have been checked. Clear directions are supplied but
OS maps (Explorer 214) of the area are useful.
6) The walks will be controlled from HQ in Phillips Hall, Abbey Cwmhir. All walkers must be con
versant with the Safety Rules in case of accident. Mobile phone networks are not reliable here.
7) Cars must be parked in a tidy way outside the Phillips Hall or in the carpark of Home Farm (see map on Confirmation of Booking form). Keys should be left with organisers with registration number attached in case of problems.